Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, our experienced bankers make ordering foreign currency easy.
Available at our branch locations
When ordering foreign currency with us, you’ll get:
- Competitive exchange rates
- Fast order processing within 1-3 business days
- Choice of over 80 currencies from across the globe
- Safe and convenient exchange
Extra currency leftover from your trip?
When you get home, we’ll be ready to help you exchange any extra currency you brought home. Simply bring your foreign currency into a branch after your trip and we can exchange it back into US dollars. We do not accept foreign coins so we recommend you spend the remainder of those on your trip.
How Much Currency Should You Bring?
This is a common question that travelers have and the answer really varies by each traveler’s spending habits. Here are some general tips:
- On average, the US international traveler spends nearly $1,500 USD on their trip abroad.
- Consider how much of your trip is going to be large purchases and how often you like to go to cafés, need to take taxis, and go to restaurants.
- It’s generally recommended to convert a portion of your spending money into the local currency for cash on hand.
- More than half of all transactions under $10 are paid for in cash and more than 35% of all transactions under $25 are made in cash.
- Be prepared and bring enough cash so that you are ready to enjoy your trip the second you arrive.
Contact our Client Services team:
M-F 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. PT
Saturdays 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. PT
Pacific Premier Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Pacific Premier Bancorp, Inc.
From Forbes.com, Jan 16, 2019 © 2019 Forbes. All rights reserved. Used by permission and protected by the Copyright Laws of the United States. The printing, copying, redistribution, or retransmission of this Content without express written permission is prohibited.