Last updated January 1, 2023.
Applicable to California Residents Only*
Pacific Premier Bank wants you to know about the personal information we collect and the purposes for which we will use that information. This notice is given pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2022 (collectively, the “CCPA”) and applies solely to individuals who are California residents.
Let us begin by defining some terms that you will see in this notice.
- “We”, “our”, and “us” refer to Pacific Premier Bank.
- “You” and “your” refer to a natural person who is a California resident.
- “Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked directly or indirectly with a particular individual or household. “Personal Information” does not include information that is publicly available.
All other terms defined in the CCPA or its implementing regulations have the same meanings when used in this notice.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect the following categories of personal information and categories of sensitive personal information from consumers:
“Categories of Personal Information” are as follows:
- Identifying Information is information that identifies an individual, such as the individual’s name, alias, birthdate, account name or other similar unique personal identifier.
- Associated Information is information that relates to, describes, or can be associated with a particular individual such as a signature, postal or email address, telephone number, insurance policy number, bank account or card number, and any similar information.
- Characteristic Information is information related to characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law, such gender or marital status.
- Commercial Information is information of a commercial nature, such as records of personal property, products or services purchased or considered, or other purchasing histories.
- Biometric Information is information related to the measurement or analysis of unique physical or behavioral characteristics, such as a fingerprint or voice pattern.
- Internet Activity Information is information related to internet or other electronic network activity, such as a search or browsing history, or interactions with a website.
- Geolocation Information is information or data related to a geographical location, such as a device or Internet Protocol (IP) location.
- Audio Visual Information is audio, visual, electronic, or similar information.
- Employment Information is professional or employment-related information, such as employment history or status.
- Education Information is personally identifiable education information that is not publicly available.
- Inference Information is inferences drawn from any other category of personal information to create a profile about an individual reflecting potential or probable preferences, behavior, abilities, or other similar predispositions.
“Categories of Sensitive Personal Information” are as follows:
- Identification Numbers are any information that reveals an individual’s social security number, driver’s license number, state identification card number, or passport number.
- Financial Account Credentials are any information that reveals an individual’s account log-in number, financial account number (such as a loan number or deposit account number), debit card number, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials which would allow someone to gain access to the account.
- Processed Biometric Data is any Biometric Information which the Bank performs an operation, set of operations or other procedure on, whether or not by automated means, for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual.
- Precise Geolocation Data is any data that is derived from a device and that is used or intended to be used to locate an individual within a geographic area that is equal to or less than the area of a circle with a radius of 1,850 feet.
- Background Information is any information that reveals an individual’s racial or ethnic origin.
The Bank does not and will not sell or share any of the categories of personal information or categories of sensitive personal information it collects which have been disclosed above.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect the categories of personal information and categories of sensitive personal information identified above for the following business or commercial purposes:
- Operational – Providing services for ourselves, our customers or others, including (but not limited to) maintaining and servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, considering applications for employment, engaging in advertising or marketing (except we do not use any of the Categories of Sensitive Personal Information we collect to advertise or market products or services to consumers), performing analytics, or similar services.
- Commercial – Activities that advance our commercial or economic interests (e.g., activities that induce customers to obtain or maintain products and services with us) or that enable or effect transactions.
- Quality Assurance – Activities to achieve, verify, or maintain the quality or safety of a product, service, or equipment that is furnished or controlled by us, or to improve such product, service, or equipment.
- Security – Activities to protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, detect security incidents, or hold the perpetrators of that activity responsible.
- Debugging – Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing or intended functionality.
- Compliance – Activities to achieve, verify, or maintain compliance with our policies and procedures or applicable legal and regulatory standards.
- Audit – Auditing compliance with our policies and procedures or applicable legal and regulatory standards.
Length of Time We Will Retain Your Personal Information
We will retain the categories of personal information and categories of sensitive personal information to carry out our activities and as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law. How long we will retain personal information we collect is generally determined by the following criteria:
- Is the personal information associated with a former or current customer of Pacific Premier Bank?
- Is the personal information associated with a former or current employee of Pacific Premier Bank?
- Do federal or state laws, rules or regulations require that we maintain copies of the personal information for a particular length of time?
- Does the Bank need the personal information to provide a product or service for ourselves, for you or someone else that requested it?
- Would we need the personal information to defend or pursue legal claims in court or prevent and/or detect fraud?
- Do we need the personal information to protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, detect security incidents, or hold the perpetrators of that activity responsible?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this notice or our privacy practices, you can contact us by calling our toll-free at (855) 343-4070, writing us at: Pacific Premier Bank, Attn: Client Services., P.O. Box 25171, Santa Ana, CA 92799-9810, or stopping by at any of our California branch locations during normal business hours.
*This California Notice at Collection and the rights conferred pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 on January 1, 2023 (collectively, the “CCPA”), applies solely to individuals who are California residents.